Horsforth Golf Club Local Rules
1. Out Of Bounds (Rule 18-2)
- Beyond any boundary wall, fence or hedge.
- A ball hit over Bayton Lane and coming to rest on any part of the course.
- 1st hole – within the area defined by the white posts, including the garden to the right of the first tee, practice putting green and the white posts to the right side of the 18th hole, including the field of Bayton House and the practice ground area.
- 10th hole – between the continuous line of white posts which enclose the approach to the 11th green.
- 17th hole – over the white posts marking the area of the Greenkeeper’s Compound.
- 18th hole – over the white posts to the left and rear of the 18th green.
- All areas of the practice grounds.
2. Immovable Obstructions
- WHITE OUT OF BOUNDS POSTS lining the approach to the 11th green are deemed immovable obstructions only when playing the 11th hole (Rule 16).
- FAIRWAY MARKER POSTS on 12th and 18th are deemed immovable obstructions (Rule 16).
3. Penalty Areas (Rule 17)
- Penalty areas are identified by red and yellow stakes.
- The ditch at the 10th/11th hole is a lateral penalty area only when playing the 10th hole.
4. Roads and Paths
All roads and paths with artificial surfaces, sheds and shelters are immovable obstructions and relief can be taken in accordance with Rule 16.1.
- Protection of young trees identified by stakes are no play zones. If a players ball lies anywhere on the course other than in a penalty area and it lies on or touches such a tree or such a tree interferes with a player’s stance or area of intended swing, the player must take relief under Rule 16.1f.
- If a players ball lies in a plantation of young trees defined by black and white posts from which play is prohibited, or if such area interferes with the players stance, or the area of his intended swing, they must take relief under Rule 16.1f.
6. Fixed Sprinkler Heads
All sprinkler heads are immovable obstructions and relief from interference may be taken under Rule 16.1. Players are also entitled to relief when a sprinkler head intervenes on the line of play provided:
- the obstruction is on, or within two club-lengths, of the putting green and
- the ball lies within two club-lengths of the obstruction.
7. Dropping Zones
- Dropping Zone 3rd hole. A ball coming to rest e) on the path between the white lines on the wall and deemed to be unplayable, may be dropped under penalty of one stroke in the dropping zone NEARÉST to which the player’s ball lies.
- Dropping Zone 15th hole. A ball coming to rest in the marked area by the boundary wall to the left of the 15th green, and deemed to be unplayable, may be dropped under penalty of one stroke in the dropping zone NEAREST to which the player’s ball lies.
- Dropping Zone 16th and 17th holes. A ball entering the penalty area to the rear of the 16th or 17th hole and deemed by the player to be unplayable, may be dropped under penalty of one stroke in the dropping zone NEAREST to which the player’s ball lies.
8. Aeration Holes
- If a ball comes to rest in an aeration hole, the player may, without penalty, lift the ball and clean it. Though the green, the player shall drop the ball as near as possible to where it lay, but not nearer the hole. On the putting green, the player shall place the ball at the nearest spot not near the hole which avoids such situation.
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULES (Those not covered by the Rules): Match Play – Loss of Hole; Stroke Play – Two Strokes.