During winter it is important to be careful when playing the course.
Please mark, lift, clean and place in the fairway and rough. To help save damage to the course matts are optional (this local rule will be reviewed depending on course conditions)
During the Covid-19 pandemic bunkers are free relief so you can mark, lift, clean and place. Blue stakes will indicate an unplayable bunker where a free drop allowed outside the bunker
If any bunker is being refurbished you must drop your ball outside the GUR line or in the DZ indicated. Do not walk on newly turfed areas around these bunkers
Winter tees are used to avoid foot fall on the very wet areas of the course and limit damage to the tee boxes
General course movement
- Avoid walking across ladies’ tees
- Walk around greens not across them with your bag
- Walk around tee boxes and don’t take your bag onto them
- Don’t take your trolley on the green surrounds or tees
- Walk on the paths where possible or in the rough to minimise damage to the fairways
- Repair pitchmarks and divots
- Follow the routes indicated by signs and roped areas (even if you are carrying)
- Temporary greens are marked out on some holes, even if these temporary greens are not being used, they are still GUR
Following these guidelines will help our course play better through the winter and recover better in the spring.