Horsforth Golf Club is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and positive environment for all individuals involved in golf.
Safeguarding duties apply to an adult who:
- Has needs for care and support (whether or not the local authority is meeting any of those needs) and;
- Is experiencing, or is at risk of, abuse or neglect; and;
- As a result of those care and support needs is unable to protect themselves from either the risk of, or the experience of, abuse or neglect.
<h2″>Principles in relation to adults at risk
The Care and Support Statutory Guidance Section 14.13 sets out the following six key principles which underpin all adult safeguarding work:
- Empowerment: People being supported and encouraged to make their own decisions and informed consent.
- Prevention: It is better to take action before harm occurs.
- Proportionality: The least intrusive response appropriate to the risk presented.
- Protection: Support and representation for those in greatest need.
- Partnership: Local solutions through services working with their communities. Communities have a part to play in preventing, detecting and reporting neglect and abuse.
- Accountability: Accountability and transparency in delivering safeguarding.