Job Specification - Manager
Horsforth Golf Club is a prestigious club situated in the north of Leeds adjacent to the Leeds/Bradford Airport. The course was designed in 1906 by world renowned Alister Mackenzie and set in a wonderful mix of heath and parkland with mature tree lined fairways, streams and rhododendrons. Not quite Augusta, but still a gem of a course offering a testing but fair challenge to all levels of golfer.
The position of Club Secretary / Manager will become vacant at the end of March and the club is seeking to recruit a self motivated and confident individual to lead the team and contribute to the club’s vision and the future.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the day to day administration of all aspects of the club. He or she must also have the ability to work with, and carry out the directions provided by the Club’s Officers and Council as well as being able to act on their own initiative.
The role will include responsibility for:
- Overseeing the management & operation of the club and carry out policies laid down by the President and the Council Members.
- Motivating and leading a team of staff at all levels.
- Working with the treasurer in the preparation, development and ongoing analysis of budgets and management accounts.
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to health & safety, employment, licensing and equality legislation.
- Knowledge of both Adult & Child Safeguarding.
- Providing support for the club’s marketing strategy developing new revenue streams.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Organisation skills with an efficient management style.
- Ability to develop strong relationships
- Business acumen and financial literacy
- Strong IT and website management skills with an understanding of membership, diary management and Sage accounting systems.
- First class communication, leadership, motivation, and diplomacy skills.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
A track record of success in golf club management is desirable but not essential. This post will be on a full time basis to interact with current admin staff. The remuneration package, terms and conditions will be by negotiation.
All Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and should include a CV, a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements and details of your current salary.
The closing date for applications Friday 27th November 2020 and should be addressed "In Confidence” to:
Horsforth Golf Club,
Or email: email@example.com