Horsforth Golf Club is committed to
creating and maintaining a safe and positive environment for all individuals
involved in golf.
Safeguarding duties apply
to an adult who:
- Has needs for care and support (whether or
not the local authority is meeting any of those needs) and;
- Is experiencing, or is at risk of, abuse or neglect;
- As a result of those care and support needs is unable to protect themselves from either the risk of, or the experience of, abuse or neglect.
Principles in relation to adults at risk
The Care and Support
Statutory Guidance Section 14.13 sets out the following six key principles
which underpin all adult safeguarding work:
- Empowerment: People being supported and encouraged to make their own decisions and
- Prevention: It is better to take action before harm occurs.
- Proportionality: The least intrusive response appropriate to the risk presented.
- Protection: Support and representation for those in greatest need.
- Partnership: Local solutions through services working with their communities.
Communities have a part to play in preventing, detecting and reporting neglect
- Accountability: Accountability and
transparency in delivering safeguarding.
The attached PDF covers Horsforth Golf Clubs policy in full relating to Safeguarding Adults.